Wednesday, January 02, 2008

"You finally gottcha some kids!!!"

This holiday season has been so crazy, but so good at the same time! The entire month of December has flown by and I am amazed at everything we have been involved in during the month. We were blessed to see a lot of our family members and close friends at Christmas partys and such. I wish that it was easier to see everyone throughout the year instead of just one month.

For Christmas this year, Dennis and I decided that life wasn't crazy enough with just the two of us, so we got 2 puppies. They are the sweetest little things I have ever seen! They are brothers whose mom is a boxer and dad is a black lab. They are called Boxadors and are so cute! We named them Rex and Bo. Everyone tells us that we are crazy for getting 2, but it has really been fun and easy the past 2 weeks. They are already potty trained, even though they are only 7 weeks old. They are so playful when they are awake and sweet and snuggly when they are sleeping.

I have a funny story that has to do with the title - On Christmas day, we took the puppies to my sister's house to show her kids. My little niece Ashley, who is 5, asked, "Aunt Liss, are you their new mom?" I replied "Yes." Then she asked, "Is Uncle D their new Dad?" to which I also said "Yes." Then in her cute little excited voice she said" Aunt Liss! You finally gottcha some kids!!!!" I don't think I have laughed that hard in a long time! Maybe you had to be there, or know Ashley to understand the Drama behind it. She has been waiting for so long for me to get pregnant, so this was HUGE for her!!! Anyways, here are some pictures of our new "kids".

This is Bo. They have the pathetic sad puppy eyes that Boxers have.
Dennis and Rex.
Me and Bo.
The four of us Christmas morning.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!
Love,
Dennis, Melissa, Bo, and Rex

6 comments:

Jen said...

Nice Liss. Cute dogs. They do look snuggle worthy. Let me know how you like having twins. :) Miss you guys.

-Ray, Jen and girls

Lianna said...

Mel, I want to hug them too! They look so fun. Great pic of them sleeping together. Seriously, it is almost like having children.
I'm glad they are so well behaved. Watch now you'll get pregnant and have more than you can handle.

Kristy said...

Not one but TWO puppies?? You are a brave girl! I hope you are still loving them after a couple of weeks. They are cute little puppies.

Lianna said...

Hey I love your new look, it fits you.
I think you should come visit me :)and escape the freezing, k?

just dandee said...

Hey Melissa,
I found your blog through Melanie's. Hope that is OK. I love your pics. It is always great to hear how your family is doing. Puppies? 2 Puppies?? Crazy- but very fun. And they are so cute. Deanne

The Wangsgard's said...

How FUN! Those are the cutest puppies ever! I love puppies, then they get big...Just Kidding. I still love dogs. How are ya babe? I was happy to have found your blog! I hope it's okay to put your blog on mine??? Our blog is tymaymadiwangsgard.blogspot.com
Hope things are going good for you. I'm still forever grateful to you for dressing up at our Halloween party! :)Take care! Love ya babe! May