Saturday, November 01, 2008

Not-So-Happy Halloween

Yesterday we got the heartbreaking news that Tim Barnwell of Jacksonville, Florida passed away. Tim was like a 2nd father to Dennis. He has always been such an important and influential person in Dennis's life. There will definately be a huge hole in his heart!

Tim was a Christ-like person who was always serving others, no matter the cost, and gave so much love and support to so many people. He was always helping others with his humor and compassion.
There are very few stories that Dennis and his family tell about their youth that don't involve the Barnwell family. Dennis was always at their house, or Scott and Chris Barnwell were at the Rays. Tim was always there for Dennis, listening, teaching, and giving advice thru all the good times and the tough times. His presence in Dennis's life will truely be missed, but we are so grateful for the wonderful memories he is leaving behind.

I am so grateful for the time that Dennis and I got to spend with their family while we lived in Florida. They were truely our 2nd family, and Tim and Roni treated us as if we were their own children.
Tim and I share a love of Corvettes. I will never forget the day that Tim randomly took Dennis and I to a storage shed that he owned. He opened up the door and there sat a 1962 Corvette! I was elated! He then proceded to start it up and back it out of the garage. My jaw hit the concrete when he got out, looked right at me and said, "Why don't you take her for a spin!" I could not believe that he was inviting me, a 21-year-old blond girl who he barely knew at the time, to drive his favorite car!!! Dennis and I jumped in, me in the drivers seat of course, and off we went!! It was one of the coolest moments of my life! Dennis says that moment was when he knew that Tim approved of me as his wife!!! Thanks Tim for making a girls day!!!


Ronni, Scott, Chris, Kristy, and Kelly - we are so sorry for your loss. We love you guys and miss you! May God be with you thru this hard time and in the future. We look forward to seeing you and sharing our fond memories as we attend the funeral in Florida next week.

2 comments:

Kristy said...

I'm so sorry for your loss!

Shaun - Jillian said...

I am so sorry to hear about the loss of a great person - he sounds like an amazing man. I love the dogs' costumes. The are very clever. You need to put some pictures of your cute belly.