
Wow! It has been a long time since I have updated this. Sorry! Here are some new pictures of the inside of our house. As you can see, I still have not done much decorating. I have not hung any pictures, just put some small things in my little decorative arches. Dennis and I have been here for 2 months now. It is so nice to finally have a place of our own. We love having people over and entertaining now that we have somewhere to do it.

Dennis had knee surgery on Aug 4th. He is recovering nicely. We are both looking forward to Friday when he can walk after 6 weeks of crutching around. He will be glad to be able to walk around in his classroom and I will be glad when I don't have to be his "slave" anymore.
Dennis was accepted into the Masters of Education program at Weber and is in a co-hort with the school district where they pay part of the tuition for teachers. We feel very blessed to be part of this program so that Dennis can further his education without the financial stress.
I am busy working, as usual. I have somehow managed to scrapbook a few times recently to relieve stress. It is really strange having to cook dinner, after being used to helping my mom. I am out of good ideas, so if anyone has any good receipies, I would love for you to share!!! We love Mexican food and end up eating something with home-made refried beans almost every night. I need some ideas to change it up. We rotate in things like Chicken Alfredo, Sweedish Meatballs, Cheesy Potatoes with Chicken Fingers, and of course who could leave out Grilled Cheese & Tomato Soup!!! I swear I used to cook better in Florida, but I can't remember what I used to make!
Well, enough rambling for one blog. I swear that I'll try to keep this thing a little more up to date in the future. Thanks for stopping by!
2 comments:
So glad you are still blogging! I am glad Dennis is recovering from his surgery. Also, congrats to him on being accepted into the Masters Program. That is great news. I have some quick and easy meal ideas from some friends in CT that I can send you...
Cool Mel! I am so happy to see pics of your new casa so I feel like I am there. You certainly are blessed. Well, I do not have any recipes for you. As you know, I live off of eggo waffles, quesadillas, and whatever else takes little effort. Brandon thanks me all the time for "warming that up". So, good luck! :) Hey big D, I am glad you can walk again!
Post a Comment